I am restrained, diplomatic and accommodating. I think of myself as a true perfectionist when dealing with tasks and people. If I fully understand the situation, I can give it my best effort.
I generally see a better way and a worse way to do things, and I know which one I would like to avoid. I do not like conflict and often find myself as not only an administrator who goes by the book, but also as someone people will come to for a balanced and thoughtful response.
My tendencies include:
- I follow established expectations and rules
- I attend precisely to details and ensure follow-through
- I dislike opposition, hostility, confrontation and adversity
- I must have stability and clarity in what people expect from me
- I am generally restrained, face saving and reluctant to get involved
- I tend to become more reserved, indirect, even secretive under pressure
- I do not like public recognition or making presentations
My Potential Limiters:
With tasks: Because I am continually on the lookout for ideal solutions, I may miss the less than perfect opportunities. I could benefit from developing more realistic expectations, adjusting to less than perfect alternatives, in my pursuit of success.
With people: I am uncomfortable with in depth involvement with people, so I could benefit by improving my social skills, getting to know and appreciate different types of people.
- I should be more open and forthright in expressing my thoughts
- I need to be more genuinely open to people different from myself
- I hope to identify at least two new growth goals each year that involve improving my adaptability